#What are the classroom resources?
Queensland Ballet provides a variety of classroom resources relating to past and current productions for teachers to download and use to support lessons. Resources range from:
3 part workshops on movement and ballet technique
- Behind the scenes production videos and notes, providing insight into what happens on stage
- Educator kits providing learning activities for ballet productions
- Activity sheets for critical thinking, and introduction to movement and dance
All Queensland Ballet resources are underpinned by artistic excellence, authenticity and accessibility. Above all, they are created to complement the teaching and learning already taking place in schools, supporting teachers to inspire and educate their students about the much-loved art form of ballet.
#Who are the resources for?
The resources are designed for educators to use in their classrooms, for students of all year levels. Each set of resources is tailored for each school and early years centre levels, and gives students the opportunity to interact with ballet and dance where they usually may not have been able to.
We are committed to helping teachers around Queensland to deliver quality dance education experiences for their students.
- Enable students to engage with ballet and movement
- Encourage children to get active - learning coordination and balance
- Create fun group activities
- Students gain a sense of identity, confidence and new communication abilities